본문

A  woman who removed her breasts at age 20 when she identified as
  - -
 ( - )

하루종일 시 ~ 시

중복선택가능
블라인드 류                              
커튼 류                              
A  woman who removed her breasts at age 20 when she identified as has shared her grief over not being able to breastfeed her baby. 
Elizabeth - not her real name - underwent a chest masculinisation mastectomy (commonly known as top surgery) after being formally diagnosed with dysphoria as a teenager. 
But four years after getting the controversial procedure done, Elizabeth decided to detransition before falling pregnant at 30.
'It was really hard knowing that he wanted to breastfeed, and I couldn't give him that.

And when they put him on my stomach, he crawled up. He was looking for my breasts and he couldn't find them,' she said.
Elizabeth has shared her story with researchers from Western Sydney University in Frontiers in Global Women's Health in what is believed to be the first case study of its kind.
Elizabeth regrets not being told about the impact of removing her breasts would have on her relationship with her baby (stock image) 
Elizabeth was forced to go to a milk bank, which filled her with guilt
Researcher Professor Karleen Gribble told Daily Mail Australia Elizabeth's story 'may be the tip of the iceberg' and should serve as an early warning signal to others.
'It is a very serious business to remove the breast of young females and the ramifications for them down the track might be significant and if they do have babies, they are going to need support around that,' Professor Gribble said.
'There needs to be greater respect for breastfeeding and its significance for women and children.
'Once you have a mastectomy there is no such thing as a reversal.

This is irreversible surgery it shouldn't be undertaken lightly.'
Elizabeth claimed the surgeon never discussed breastfeeding with her before the surgery.
'I don't think I would have been receptive.
I would have felt insulted, and I would have said it's triggering my gender dysphoria,' she said.
Elizabeth attributed her gender dysphoria to developing breasts at the age of 10, which led to her being sexually harassed by men.
RELATED ARTICLES

Share this article
47 shares

She began identifying as a boy and wearing a sports bra to flatten her breasts,  convinced her bodily discomfort was because she was transgender.
Elizabeth began hormone treatment upon her diagnosis before having 'top surgery'.
The doting mum hopes sharing her experience will inform other young women facing similar issues and the further impact of testosterone treatment on fertility.
'I'm really sad that there are going to be so many women, many of whom are children today, who are not going to be able to have children of their own because they're being sterilised,' she said.
'And I'm very frustrated that it's taboo to talk about that.

I am speaking because I want to spare future mothers and babies what I went through if I can.'
Elizabeth said her conflict over whether she'd be a 'good' mother led her to decide to make it impossible to become one altogether - to 'take away the choice'.
The surgery on Elizabeth was a disaster, leaving her with extensive scarring. 
Simply wearing clothes was painful. 
Elizabeth's right nipple graft chronically leaked fluid and voids VIP Protection Services in Las Vegas her scarred left nipple graft caused even greater problems.
Elizabeth was only 20 when she agreed to allow a suregon to remove her breasts (stock image) 

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.